Monday, December 8, 2008

tate music group...artist of the year

Everybody loves contests. Its true. Don't believe me? I'm willing to bet that if you are a college football fan, like me, you were very busy this weekend doing nothing but watching the last Saturday of the regular season. And, I'm willing to bet that most of you, during the halftime shows, were getting all hyped up watching those guys and gals trying to throw footballs into over-sized soda cans. If you are anything like me, you were thinking about how you totally could have done that better than everybody else. Am I right?

Well, I can't really help you when it comes to those 'giant cola can challenges.' As a Tate Music Group artist, however, I can help you regarding that drive and competitive nature you have deep within your being. How? By giving you the chance to beat out all the rest of the competition.

December 31st, 2008 marks the end date for eligibility into the inaugural Tate Music Group 'Artist of the Year Contest.' I realize many of you may have no idea what I am talking about. Allow me to explain. This will be the first year we will be putting our artists' songs and styles against each other in friendly competition.

Each TMG artist will choose one of their songs to enter into this contest. The songs will be judged in many different rounds and by many different judges and factors. The top finalists will be invited to come to Oklahoma City, all expenses paid, to perform their song live for a panel of guest celebrity judges. Everybody will have an amazing time...and the grand prize winner will head home with over $20,000 in cash and prizes. Not bad for one nights work.

Needless to say, we are all really excited about this contest. For one, it is going to be a great time. It is also going to be a great opportunity for Tate Music Group to show our artists how much we appreciate them. I have no idea what the outcome will be. There are so many great artists in the TMG family...and there is still plenty of time for others to join this year.

Who knows...it may be you?

No comments: