Friday, November 7, 2008

tate music group...not too good to be true


I had a very interesting (and quite uplifting) phone conversation with a potential Tate Music Group artist today. He is one member of a very talented group. Their sound is soulful and rich and their harmonies are really well balanced and full. He was talking to me about our contract offer and what TMG does for our artists. In the midst of my answering questions he said to me, "You guys have the best deal for artists. This is too good to be true."

Obviously, that comment made my day. I am very glad to know that all the hard work done here at Tate Music Group is being noticed. We come to work with a vision and a passion...to be the best there is. That may sound a bit 'ego' driven, but I assure you it isn't. We want to be the best music label out there because we want to offer nothing but the best to all of our recording artists. That will happen, and is happening, because of the staff who are a part of Tate Music Group and the amazing artists we are blessed to work with.

Somewhere in the midst of the aforementioned conversation, Tate Music Group was compared to 'Alice in Wonderland.' I have to say, that comparison caught me off guard. I don't want any of our artists to feel as if they are tumbling down a rabbit hole. I was, however, quickly relieved by this artist explaining that his comparison is based on the fact that he feels like our music contract and our services are, in his words, "a dream come true."

I am glad he is excited at this possible partnership. We are too. His statements are exactly what we strive for. Our parent company, Tate Publishing, has long since had the motto of: "Making your dreams a reality." I think I am going to tweak it a bit for Tate Music Group: "Making your music dreams a reality."

It may be plagiarism...but it's true.

No comments: