Thursday, January 1, 2009

tate music group...2009: a look ahead

Well, another year has been booked and the new year begins. I only have about 16% battery life left on my laptop so I will be brief. And yes, tonight, I am just lazy enough to not go get my plug-in to recharge. My apologies to those of you looking for a good, long read. I just want to take a moment to look ahead at what this new year already has in store for Tate Music Group and our artists.

In March, Tate Music Group will hold the inaugural Artist of the Year Contest. I have to say, there was a bit of a frenzy to get everything in by the 31st. It was a lot of fun, though. It is going to be very difficult for the judges to pick one winner from the amazing pool of artists we have. I know I couldn't do it.

Tate Music Group will also, in 2009, sell a lot of CDs. This isn't necessarily a 'look how great we are' statement but a 'look how great our artists are' statement. We put the channels and work in place to allow for sales but it is the tremendously talented musicians and artists we are blessed to work with who really make it happen. That is what makes this such a great partnership.

Last but not least, Tate Music Group will have hundreds and hundreds of events for our artists all over the country. I am really excited about this. Concerts and signings, as well as interviews, are so vital for success. It takes a lot of work and getting out there to really build up a fan-base and a following. I have read that it takes 100 true fans to be a success. Why? Because those 100 people will be your most reliable attendees, your biggest bullhorns, and your personal and unlimited invitation force. They will be the ones showing up to your shows and signings with 10 of their friends. Multiply that by hundreds and hundreds of shows and you get...well...its too late for complicated math problems but you get the idea. A lot!

As I look ahead to 2009, it looks really bright for Tate Music Group and the artists we are privileged to work with...and for those we have yet to meet. So I say to you all, Happy New Year...because I know it truly will be!

No comments: