Tuesday, January 13, 2009

tate music group...a busy new year

November and December were very busy times for me. I mean, you had Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, not to mention about 20 'dirty santa' parties to attend. I still don't know what I am going to do with a ceramic tea pitcher shaped like a duck.

So January should be a great relief, a slow down from the hustle and bustle of the holiday months, right? Not hardly. I think this month is proving to be just as busy as the last two...and its really disrupting my sleep patterns. Maybe January is a bit hectic because a new year brings new excitement and new possibilities? I'll buy that. I think that is very true.

At Tate Music Group, there are a lot of new exciting events, plans, and possibilities. One exciting plan is the growth and increase of Tate Music Group. In the past year, we have doubled our staff and created a movement that is already starting to knock the doors off of the music industry. This coming year, we will again be doubling, perhaps tripling, the size of our staff as well as our distribution and other marketing tools. It is a very exciting time to be a part of Tate Music Group.

Unlike other companies who try and maintain in order to keep afloat, Tate Music Group seeks to expand and grow because of the success, strong leadership, and smart choices we have made to get where we are. It is because of these aggressive moves and plans we are able to grow and set the standard for how artists should be treated and partnered with.

One of the major events, which I have mentioned before, is our Artist of the Year Contest. We are already collecting the many, many song entries we will receive...and this is just the beginning. What I have noticed is just how many great artists we have. How will anyone judge and narrow those down? There are so many great songs, all competing for one grand prize. That's a wonderful problem to have...I'm just glad it isn't up to me.

So, I guess I'll try and get some rest when I can and realize that all the hard work and extra hours will be worth it...especially when I see the satisfaction on the faces of our artists. At Tate Music Group, we want our artists to know that we are fully committed to helping them succeed...because when they succeed, we succeed.

This truly is a great partnership...and this will definitely be a great year.

No comments: