Monday, October 20, 2008

in our defense

I have been monitoring other blogs and threads dealing with Tate Music Group. Sometimes I get mad but mostly I just have to laugh. Not because of the subject matter, because of the lack of knowledge and understanding of a select few posters.

In my last post, I talked about the lack of factual truth regarding what is written on certain blogs. I was somewhat frustrated at the number of people I felt were paying attention and actually taking these words as truth. Today, however, after I posted answers to all questions asked (including those of an antagonistic nature), I have a restored faith in bloggers everywhere.

It is incredibly apparent that most people researching Tate Music Group are seeing through all the nonsense and negativity. A few weeks ago, almost every thread regarding Tate Music Group was being overrun and 'bullied' by 2 (maybe 3) ridiculous posters. Now, there are many new posters, some with Tate Music Group and some having no connection, coming to our defense. Again, why? Well, I think it has a lot to do with the professionalism we have been (and will continue) showing on all these sites. I think that says a lot about our company. Can we still be kind and courteous to people who are, for lack of a better term, slandering the company that we work for and believe in? We have shown that answer to be yes.

As a company, we are told to take the high road, to be above reproach, by our faith and by our boss. That is definitely not easy. When people attack you personally or something that you care about and work hard for, it is hard to just brush it off and respond with love and kindness. I think, though, that it will be a little easier now that others are speaking up on our behalf.

Thank you to all who have written objective thoughts and support, regardless of your relationship or status with Tate Music Group. Your written 'voices of reason' are heard and appreciated.

No comments: