Sunday, November 2, 2008

a tate halloween debriefing

I survived it. I survived my first Tate Publishing & Tate Music Group Halloween. Some of you may say, "What is there to survive? It's just Halloween." To you, I say, "You have never seen a Tate Halloween!" What a day!

I don't know if I can truly do it justice with words, so I won't even try. The costumes were nothing short of remarkable. There were skits performed, Teen-Wolf was there, and I had to say hello to 15 different Johnny Depps. Wow! Friday was an incredibly fun day at work. How many people get to say that very often?

The point of this post (and yes, there is one) is to give kudos to my co-workers and my bosses. This past Friday was a day that, for me, reiterated things I already knew about whom I work with and for. It was a day that was full of creative energy and imagination. There was acting...some good...some not so good. I was surprised, over and over again, by people doing things I would have never imagined. It was a lot of fun.

Granted, days like Friday don't happen very often. Halloween is only once a year. But, having fun at work is something that is a core belief with Tate Publishing and Tate Music Group. I think that is important for people to know because I think it is an important thing to believe. You need to enjoy what you do. And for those artists who are working with Tate Music Group, it is important that they know we love what we do and we have a lot of fun doing it.

I have worked in jobs where I didn't enjoy what I did. I did it because I had to and I had no other choice at the time. Here, I get to do what I love and work with people who feel the same way. That is a vital part of the success of Tate Music Group. As an artist, I would want to know that the people working with me, those providing services for me, are happy and excited about what they do.

I know I am.

No comments: